Lexia English Language Development Alignment to the ELPS
Emergent Bilinguals need to learn both language and content simultaneously. Lexia English designers examined the Texas English Language Proficiency Standards and used them to create a scope and sequence of language purpose and grammar skills.
The program design also aligns with the following Texas Administrative Codes, agency rules, and assessments:
- Texas English Language Proficiency Standards
- TAC, TITLE 19 Education, Part 2 Texas Education Agency Chapter 89 Adaptations for Special Populations Subchapter BB •
- Texas Education Code Chapter 29.055
- TAC, Title 19 Education, Part 2 Texas Education Agency Chapter 74 Curriculum Requirements Subchapter A, 74.4
- Department of Education, Office of Formula Grants, School Support and Accountability, ESSA Legislation, Title III Language Instruction for English Learners and Immigrant Students
- TEA, Texas Assessment
- TELPAS Exam
Learn more in the guide.
You Might Also Like
LETRS Fits the Bill: Meeting the Requirements of OH H.B.436
This document outlines how the professional learning program, LETRS® (Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling), supports the objectives of H.B.436.
Lexia® Core5® Reading Washington Dyslexia Handbook PK-5
This document provides an overview of how Core5 is aligned to the guidelines outlined in the Washington State Dyslexia Resource Guide.